We want to hear from you! Taking advantage of Transit TV’s interactive system, bus riders can text responses to questions posed at the end of each video by artists and community curators. Questions will be presented in English and Spanish. DVD prizes go to the most creative responses to each video!
How does it work?
- Ride the bus (cost of admission: $1.50)
- Watch the videos. They appear once per hour. A different video each day.
- Text us your response to the question at the end of the video (323.312-5450)
- Selected responses will be posted on our blog and winners announced at the close of the project in November.
July 19, 2013: Clean Square by Jason Jenn & Roland Rodriguez
What would you clean?
- I would clean bus stops.
- I would clean penrose st and glenoaks blvd.
- I would clean-up some of the Grafitti
July 5, 2013: Can You See Me? by Lisa Dianne Wedgeworth
What does she see?
- Un oso
July 1, 2013: Homing by Arjuna Neuman
Where is home for you?
- The home is Hong Kong S.A.R
June 28, 2013: Game Over by Seyed Monsen & Pourmonsehi Shakib
Who are you fighting with?
June 26, 2013: Fitted Sheets by Unite Here Local 11, Antonio Mendoza
What can we do for her?
- Give her the things she asks for like fitted sheets and mops with handles on them and earth friendly chemicals.
June 24, 2013: Party Time, Excellent by Robin Adams
What is CicLAvia?
- Ciclavia: the largest no-car & no cost cyclist, pedestrian, & cyclist-lovers event in The United States of America! Thousands of people from LA & abroad “cycle up” to represent LA’s’ beautiful cultural mosaic connect to promote: energy conservation, reducing polution, the arts, health & nutrition.
June 14, 2013: Piccolina by Caress Reeves
What is your baggage?
- Hi Caress- just viewed yr animated short on the 240 bus, its grt & i can relate. . . Working day & night to compose music for a friend’s film plus my Sr. recital @ CSUN.
June 7, 2013: Pupa by Ray Bravo
What do you fear?
- Delete fear from the mind.
- Slender man
- Wax figures are scary to me.
- Suffocating in a blanket
May 24, 2013: L.A. Nature by Julian Brummitt
What is the nature of LA?
- The sea
- The nature of Los Angeles is pollution
- the nature of ..LA is Speed .#LA
May 17, 2013: The Female Report/ El Reporte Femenil by Carolyn Castano
What is Feminism?
- Lesbianismo !!!
- Feminism means equality for all human beings.
May 6, 2013: Maria Callas: Portrait by Ian S. Young by David Geathers
Who is Maria Callas?
- MARIA CALLAS is an Opera Singer!
- Thats a beautiful art piece 🙂 You must have well endowed empathy to understand how someone feels enough to illustrate them. Good luck in future endeavor
- Maria Callas considered greatest opera singer of the 20th century. It is why she was known as La Divina: the Divine One. Entombed in Paris Pere LaChaise cemetry
- Maria Callas fue una cantante de opera. Gracias!
- Who is maria callas? Beautiful painting!
April 29, 2013: Reverie by Jaro Minne
What happens next?
- Have them grown up and the meet each other under the same tree 🙂
November 26-27, 2011: Maravilla Handball Court by Manuel Huerta
What places matter most to you?
- The puppeter
- Hollenbeck Youth Center
November 25, 2011: Hood Ornament by Skip Arnold
What would be a good hood ornament?
November 24, 2011: I (Balloon) L.A. by Michael Rippens
What’s an encounter you had on L.A. streets?
- Saw a guy grab other mans ass in west hollywood on 4. man slapped him.
November 23, 2011: Algae Bloom by Jeff Chabot
Is LA River beautiful or ugly?
November 22, 2011: No Strings Attached by Pascual Sisto
Who’s pulling the strings?
- Boss is pulling the strings
November 21, 2011: The Soft Epic, or Savages of the Pacific West by Nadia Hironaka & Matthew Suib
Are we separate from animals?
November 19-20, 2011: Triggernometry by Arnaldo Vargas
What’s your sound track for LA?
November 18, 2011: Ix Chel by Nancy Jean Tucker
What comes out at night?
- The North American Beaver comes out of its den @ night to swim, eat & build.
- Gardeners come out at night
- The freaks
- Scary monsters and super freaks
- The freaks of course
- The Moon
- The Lady of the Lake
- Nocturnal emissions
November 17, 2011: Grapevine Landscan by Center for Land Use Interpretation
What is your escape from L.A.?
- my escape from l.a is el salvador
- Going to the beach
- Day at the beach, no matter how cold it is !
- Im home PROUD TO BE AN ISLANDER GUAM USA
- My escape from la is my dream of returning home to ireland a star.
- my escape from LA is when I close my eyes under a Jacaranda tree while eating an orange from my yard and I can forget that I am in one of the largestcities in the world-while still actually being in that city
November 16, 2011: Take Fountain by Stephen Van Dyck
What do you wish to do but are afraid to?
- Get married.
- I wish to lead the occupy wall street movement but afraid i may not be understood.
- Im afraid to jump out in the industry and sell my music, maybe Im afraid to make it!
- i have always wanted to but been afraid of yelling at the top of my lungs on the bus
- move to hawaii from L.A by myself
November 15, 2011: Cine(ma) by Paolo Davanzo
Is TV good or bad company?
- Appena visto un tuo video sul’autobus!
November 14, 2011: Juan Fish Testimonial by Arturo Romo- Santillano
What’s poetic about LA?
- Whats poetic about la is the paradox of being the most beautiful most disguisting place ive seen. <3.
November 12, 2011: Jolly Blues by Khari Scott
What do you like about your neighborhood?
- visual display of human fun. It’s much nicer to see than to drive. If the traffic were gone I would absolutely love this place.
November 11, 2011: At the Light of Dawn by Ivan Limas
What meaningful accessory did you see today?
- It look like the artist was representing different ethnic groups by where the handkerchieves were covering on the face. M. Anderson bus210 6pm 11/11/11.
- I just learned about the gangs of california. (Red,white and blue)
- american flag ~*Mrs.W.Jaco*~
- Respuesta del concurso el artista uaba panoletas como accesorio mi nombre es patricia tescier gracias
- sistance when they are ill.
- Great work u need one with chains as a blindfold
- I saw a bandana and there was a guy jerking it in front of the tv105
November 10, 2011: Look at Me by Willie Middlebrook
Are you your face?
- Yes I am what’s your name and can I find ur work online it’s pretty dope
November 9, 2011: Sustainable Crenshaw by Regina Kimbell
Which traditions contribute to a sustainable future?
November 8, 2011: Traffic by Ann Kaneko
Do crowds scare you?
- Crowds do not scare me. I feel alive and a part of some large collective organism
- hell yeah! Especially if they are angry crowds.
- No Crowds Dont Scare Me 🙂
November 7, 2011: Odyssey by Zig Gron
What does this video remind you of?
- That people are walking on to a up hill
November 5-6, 2011: Sign People by Roman Jaster
What is the oddest job you have had?
- worked promoting drinking beer from a beer bong at a local community college but not encourage under age drinking. Got pulled over by the sheriff.
November 4, 2011: What do you love? by Isabel Avila
What do you love?
- is this the right place to speak to the artist? And give them what love I show?
November 3, 2011: Melrose Whoopee by Poli Marichal
What would your sign say?
- One with the art. Jussi wayne
November 2, 2011: Ad or Art? by Lisa Marr
Can Ads be Art?
- Yes ads can be art and often times are a direct reflection of society’s wants, needs, and values
- Ads can be art…..Los anuncios tambien pueden ser arte…depende del contexto[context]…..
November 1, 2011: Re/ Trato by Oscar Munoz
Is the impermanent beautiful?
- It is NOT! beautiful
- Its beautiful Adorable-_
October 31, 2011: Ass on the Street by Elana Mann
What is her purpose?
- La mission es llegar a donde va sin k nadie le diga como
- la mision de la mujer es dar vueltas al rededor del vaso.
- Trying to get to the bus stop
October 29-30, 2011: Sound is Good by Tucker Neel
October 28, 2011: Make-Out Session by Micol Hebron
What do you do alone?
October 27, 2011: Remember Venice by Will Oloudhlen
What has Venice lost?
- affordable housing
October 26, 2011: Transparent Traveler by Jeremy Eichenbaum
What loop are you stuck in?
- lately I’m caught in the M-F loop of #33 E on Venice & IaBrea to work, download lots of music, no lunch, 4:00. . . . Almost time 2 leave, #33 back where I saw your video
- What loop/walkway is it that you used in your video?
October 25, 2011: Host Landscapes: Indian Places in the Los Angeles Basin
Can you imagine L.A. in 1492?
- In 1492, 15th century. Was a time of incredible art. It was the renaissance period with da vinci, michelangelo, raphael,etc.
October 24, 2011: Maravilla Handball Court by Manuel Huerta
What place matters most to you?
- Topanga canyon
- the Ernest Debs Hiking Trail matters to me.
October 22, 2011: Trifecta by Laurel Beckman
Why should some buildings be round ?
- Round buildings have the least surface area for their volume. This minimizes heat loss. Buildings that need to stay warm could be round.
October 21, 2011: 405 North, 405 South by Annetta Kapon
Was that really the 405 ?
- Was that really the 405? NO….it was sequence being pulled opposite directions.
October 20, 2011: City Heights by Jovanna Tosello & Cecilia de Jesus
Where has inspiration taken you? ?
- inspiration has taken me to hollywood following my dreams of becoming a superstar.
- To the streets!
October 19, 2011: Something Small by Elyse Emdur
What are you seeking today? ?
- Daily i seek immortality, to be remember for what i did and who i was.
October 18, 2011: El Gallo Tony by Joe Forney and Gavin Blackstock
What do you think of ice cream truck music? ?
- I think of my childhood when i hear ice cream truck music.
- It will always be in bedded in kids even to grown ups, u remember hearing that asking your parents 4 $. Even though u had 2 chase down u still was happy cause.
- U got your ice cream.
October 17, 2011: (Balloon) L.A. by Michael Rippens
What’s an encounter you had on L.A. streets?
October 15, 16, 2011: Tochtil (the Aztec bunny)
Why an Aztec bunny in Chinatown?
October 14, 2011: L.A. Women by Victoria Delgadillo
What do you value about women ?
- s having assisted humans to discern edible plants, as well as, for example, the different colored rings around and identifying poisonous snakes such as.
October 13, 2011: Fragments by Jody Zellen
Is anything black and white ?
- Karl Lagerfeld’s suits, frequently.
- Yeah, there are some things that are black and white, but not much.
October 12, 2011: Painting the Town by Megan May Daalder
Who is invisible in L.A.?
- The homeless
October 11, 2011: Relay by Michael Parker
Is power vertical or horizontal ?
October 10, 2011: Apart/ Together by Jesse Fleming
Who’s your flock?
October 8-9, 2011: Senselessness by Suzanne Oshinsky
How do you know you are making sense?
October 7, 2011: The California Landscape by Peter Bill
Should L.A. River be made a free graffiti zone ?
- Yes it should there will always be art in LA that is viewed differently by people and it would allow for less crimnal activities to go on
- Yes! Please clean it up! Real art pieces should stay.
- Los Angeles river should not be made graffiti zone
October 5, 2011: L.A. Often Comes to Me by Zanny Begg
What’s the difference between LA and Hollywood?
- The difference is that L.A. is for the sleepy while Hollywood is a dream.
- La is a megopolis; hollywood is a state of mind.
- L.A is a city of Angeles and Hollywood is a city of a Movie Stars
October 4, 2011: Book Drag by Micol Hebron
- Tuesdays with Maury
- Why johnny cant read by rudolph flesch and the bible the new american standard version
- George Lemus – Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix
- made an impression on the people around you that physically saw you do it. Great job! Much love and respect, -Jessica Waffles
- Dune by Frank Herbert
October 3, 2011: Boyle Heights by Allen Colombo
Why value the past?
October 1,2, 2011: Fantasmas de Los Angeles by Patrick Miller
What’s the sound of a bike ride?