We want to hear from you! Taking advantage of Transit TV’s interactive system, bus riders can text responses to questions posed at the end of each video by artists and community curators. Questions will be presented in English and Spanish. DVD prizes go to the most creative responses to each video!
How does it work?
- Ride the bus (cost of admission: $1.50)
- Watch the videos. They appear once per hour. A different video each day.
- Text us your response to the question at the end of the video (310.405.4134)
- Selected responses will be posted on our blog and winners announced at the close of the project in November.
November 26, 2011: Which places matter most to you?
- The puppeter
- Hollenbeck Youth Center
November 24, 2011: What’s an encounter you had on the L.A.
- Saw a guy grab other mans ass in west hollywood on 4. man slapped him.
November 22, 2011: Who’s pulling the strings?
- Boss is pulling the strings
November 18, 2011: What comes out at night?
- The North American Beaver comes out of its den @ night to swim, eat & build.
- Gardeners come out at night
- The freaks
- Scary monsters and super freaks
- The freaks of course
- The Moon
- The Lady of the Lake
- Nocturnal emissions
November 17, 2011: What is your escape from L.A.
- my escape from l.a is el salvador
- Going to the beach
- Day at the beach, no matter how cold it is !
- Im home PROUD TO BE AN ISLANDER GUAM USA
- My escape from la is my dream of returning home to ireland a star.
- my escape from LA is when I close my eyes under a Jacaranda tree while eating an orange from my yard and I can forget that I am in one of the largestcities in the world-while still actually being in that city
November 16, 2011: What do you wish to do but are afraid to?
- Get married.
- I wish to lead the occupy wall street movement but afraid i may not be understood.
- Im afraid to jump out in the industry and sell my music, maybe Im afraid to make it!
- i have always wanted to but been afraid of yelling at the top of my lungs on the bus
- move to hawaii from L.A by myself
November 15, 2011: Is TV good or bad company?
- Appena visto un tuo video sul’autobus!
November 14, 2011: What’s poetic about LA?
- Whats poetic about la is the paradox of being the most beautiful most disguisting place ive seen. <3.
November 12, 2011: What do you like about your neighborhood?
- visual display of human fun. It’s much nicer to see than to drive. If the traffic were gone I would absolutely love this place.
November 11, 2011: What meaningful accessory did you see today?
- It look like the artist was representing different ethnic groups by where the hanchorchifs were covering on the face. M. Anderson bus210 6pm 11/11/11.
- I just learned about the gangs of california. (Red,white and blue)
- american flag ~*Mrs.W.Jaco*~
- Respuesta del concurso el artista uaba panoletas como accesorio mi nombre es patricia tescier gracias
- sistance when they are ill.
- Grat work u need one with chains as a blindfold
- I saw a bandana and there was a guy jerking it in front of the tv105
November 10, 2011: Are you your face?
- Yes I am what’s your name and can I find ur work online it’s pretty dope
November 8, 2011: Do crowds scare you?
- Crowds do not scare me. I feel alive and a part of some large collective organism
- hell yeah! Especially if they are angry crowds.
- No Crowds Dont Scare Me
November 7, 2011: What does this video remind you of?
- Tha people are walking on to a up hill
November 6, 2011: What is the oddest job you have had?
- worked promoting drinking beer from a beer bong at a local community college but not encourage under age drinking. Got pulled over by the sherrif.
November 4, 2011: What do you love?
- is this the right place to speak to the artist? And give them what love I show?
November 3, 2011: What would your sign say?
- One with the art. Jussi wayne
November 2, 2011: Can Ads be Art?
- Yes ads can be art and often times are a direct reflection of society’s wants, needs, and values
- Ads can be art…..Los anuncios tambien pueden ser arte…depende del contexto[context]…..
November 1, 2011: Is the impermanent beautiful?
- It is NOT! beautiful
- Its beautiful Adorable-_
October 31, 2011: What is her purpose?
- La mission es llegar a donde va sin k nadie le diga como
- la mision de la mujer es dar vueltas al rededor del vaso.
- Trying to get to the bus stop
October 27, 2011: What has Venice lost?
- affordable housing
October 26, 2011: What loop are you stuck in?
- lately I’m caught in the M-F loop of #33 E on Venice & IaBrea to work, download lots of music, no lunch, 4:00. . . . Almost time 2 leave, #33 back where I saw your video
- What loop/walkway is it that you used in your video?
October 25, 2011: Can you imagine L.A. in 1492?
- In 1492, 15th century. Was a time of incredible art. It was the renaissance period with da vinci, michelangelo, raphael,etc.
October 24, 2011: What place matters to you?
- Topanga canyon
- the Ernest Debs Hiking Trail matters to me.
October 22, 2011: Why should some buildings be round ?
- Round buildings have the least surface area for their volume. This minimizes heat loss. Buildings that need to stay warm could be round.
October 21, 2011: Was that really the 405 ?
- Was that really the 405? NO….it was sequence being pulled opposite directions.
October 20, 2011: Where has inspiration taken you? ?
- inspiration has taken me to hollywood following my dreams of becoming a superstar.
- To the streets!
October 19, 2011: What are you seeking today? ?
- Daily i seek inmortality, to be remember for what i did and who i was.
October 18, 2011: What do you think of ice cream truck music? ?
- I think of my childhood when i hear ice cream truck music.
- It will always be in bedded in kids even to grown ups, u remember hearing that asking your parents 4 $. Even though u had 2 chase down u still was happy cause.
- U got your ice cream.
October 13, 2011: What do you value about women ?
- s having assisted humans to discern edible plants, as well as, for example, the different colored rings around and identifying poisonous snakes such as.
October 12, 2011: Is anything black and white ?
- Karl Lagerfeld’s suits, frequently.
- Yeah, there are some things that are black and white, but not much.
October 11, 2011: Who is invisible in L.A.?
- The homeless
October 7, 2011: Should L.A. River be made a free graffiti zone ?
- Yes it should there will always be art in LA that is viewed differently by people and it would allow for less crimnal activities to go on
- Yes! Please clean it up! Real art pieces should stay.
- Los Angeles river should not be made graffiti zone
October 5, 2011: What’s the difference between LA and Hollywood?
- The difference is that L.A. is for the sleepy while Hollywood is a dream.
- La is a megopolis; hollywood is a state of mind.
- L.A is a city of Angeles and Hollywood is a city of a Movie Stars
- Tuesdays with Maury
- Why johnny cant read by rudolph flesch and the bible the new american standard version
- George Lemus – Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix
- made an impression on the people around you that physically saw you do it. Great job! Much love and respect, -Jessica Waffles
- Dune by Frank Herbert